Friday, November 4, 2011

Love -- it's going around

There's a lot of talk about love going around blog-ville

and I may as well chime in

since I'm feeling pretty lovey dovey

My thoughts on this whole D/s Love thing is that the scary thing

is that it can imitate love

that the intensity that we feel in that moment
that amazing focus
that he can block out everything else on the planet

yes

that can feel like love

that those endorphins?
they can feel like love

so it makes you wonder

with all this intensity -- how do you know when it's love?

I'm not sure I have the answer for that

all I know?

it feels like love
so
fuck it
it doesn't really matter

8 comments:

  1. I think that may be all that matters...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read once that love is not when you can spend hours talking about and detailing everything that is special about the person, it is when you cannot find the words to describe it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. too cool to see (hear) you be in that place - where you just want to be there and not try to define it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before D/s came into my life, I learned that any sort of sex often distorted my emotions. It's always very dangerous... intimacy... bringing down walls... vulnerability. But love, real love, goes beyond the excitement of connection that comes in a new relationship, beyond the endorphins stirred up by D/s, beyond the obsession over someone who seems to know you so well, and beyond the adoration for someone who spends so much time focused on YOU.

    The problem is, it's really hard to tell the difference early on. And I have no idea what to look for. None whatsoever. So we just have to enjoy whatever-it-is we feel, and hope we don't screw up too much.

    o.g. - who has screwed up a lot over the years

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Spf,

    I'm so glad you're there.

    What i think is that if you act with love that it is love. It may not be happily-ever-after, but it is love.

    I'm so happy for you!!

    aisha

    ReplyDelete
  6. All this love talk is fun

    and it's lovely to feel

    and I hope

    well-- I hope it lasts a long long time

    sfp

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think there are so many different aspects of love. You've got love that is a feeling, love that is an action, and then I've also always believed that love is a choice. The feeling of love can come and go, the action of love is often times based on the feeling of love so that also can come and go, which leaves gaps of time when love doesn't seem to be there and that's when I believe we have to make a choice to love. When we don't feel love, and we don't want to act loving, we make a choice to continue loving and acting out that love even if the feeling isn't all there (or there at all).

    ReplyDelete
  8. My opinion on what is love seem to go from everything is love to love doesn't exist, all in the same day.

    ReplyDelete