Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Grounded

The Dom friend, Sir P - has set me up with a few rules

think of them as a way to keep my kite connected to the ground - and out of the trees

I am to go to bed by 10pm - with lights out by 1030 at the latest - barring childhood interruptions

and I am to masturbate with reports -- no less than every other day -- but as much more often as I like.

two simple rules

I asked for them
well - I asked for something akin to them

and he gave them shape

and like magic

I feel grounded
connected

centered

giving someone else control over some things
makes me feel not so very alone

and having something to be successful at
because some days?
getting to bed by 10 might be the one thing I can say I did successfully

I was chatting with Sir P a bit tonight

and I commented that I had actually started to doubt if I was submissive at all

because there are times
many times

when I think

this was all just a phase
and I can do with out it (see post on droughts)

but now
I see

the profound effect
of 2 little rules

and the sigh of relief
as I let out a long held breath

and I can see
that this is who I am
this is what works

and how lucky I am to know who I am



8 comments:

  1. And i happy that you have this in your life. Not sure if it's the icing on the cake, or a piece of the pie, but either way, it's important.

    Sending love...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Aisha - oh - me too. This is very very good for me.

      I am fortunate to have such a good friend

      sfp

      Delete
  2. You are not alone and feeling centered sounds so wonderful.

    Glad you have this in your life too!

    ~faithful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @faithful - doesn't it sound lovely?
      it feels lovely too

      sfp

      Delete
  3. I recognized and understood every single thing you wrote here, it's as if you were in my head. I know how this feels. Isn't it absolutely amazing what a simple rule or two will do? I am so glad for you, sfp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @LM - your message made me smile - I'm glad it spoke to you. and yes - -it doesn't take a lot to make our sub hearts sigh.

      sfp

      Delete
  4. Oh, I can so relate to those days and how just making it through life can be soul-sucking/submissive-sucking. Having that ground helps keep you from loosing yourself!!!

    Enjoy your rules and ask for more when and if you need them!!

    ~fiona

    ReplyDelete
  5. To me it's not just the rules, but being accountable to him for the rules. It's your desire to follow them and not disappoint. It's you need to follow them. It's knowing he cares enough to design the rules, put them in place, and takes the time and effort to make sure they are followed and working well for you. At least from this Dom's perspective, it's about much more than just the rules themselves...it's so much more.

    Glad you are getting what you need, and sounds like you really do need it.

    DV

    ReplyDelete