Monday, January 30, 2012

Serendipity

I've just been watching Serendipity (well -- on Sunday when I'm writing this)

I'm not quite sure why I love this movie so much

because it's all about
fate

which loyal readers will know
I think is bunk

and yes
part of what I love about it is
that it stars my secret boyfriend
John Cusack

sigh

there is something about this sort of movie
the idea that someone is out there
that we are meant to be with

is such a lovely fantasy

because it really does
help us to believe
that when things don't work out

it isn't because we didn't try hard enough
or because we were blind to his faults

it's that we weren't "meant to be"

that there's someone else out there
that IS the one we were meant to be with

so
am I with who I am "meant" to be with?
perhaps

but I prefer to take a more active role in guiding my fate

but that being said
when the crossed lovers
find each other in the end
with snow flakes drifting down
I think

ah

at last
they were meant to be together

we all love our fantasies
and our Cusack.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, it is such a lovely fantasy... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe that there is someone for everyone. Maybe we go our whole lives and never meet them. Or, maybe we meet them and they are with someone else.

    Maybe we are lucky enough to meet them and spend the rest of our days with them.

    Richard Gere is my John Cusack.

    Great post. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. :)

    Fondly. Sky

    ReplyDelete
  3. "And they lived happily ever after..." If we're doing fantasies, let me just say that's my personal favorite.

    As for "that one right someone," i kinda think there is, only there might be more there one over time... does that count?

    aisha

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorite movies because of that "meant to be" factor :)

    ReplyDelete