Sunday, December 4, 2011

Confessions

I am a shit housekeeper.

I hate it

I hate it so much that I would rather do anything

ANYTHING

other than do it.

it's  not that I don't like a clean house
I do

I just want  magical fairies to come do it for me

so today

I'm uncluttering

so I can get my walk through by the maid service today and get a quote.

Yes -- I'm cleaning before the maid comes

not really cleaning - just picking up

and what am I doing instead of picking up?

blogging

sigh

the interesting thing for me about my loathing for housework is that
I feel guilty about it

as if when God decided that I wouldn't get my own penis
I should be happy with getting a broom instead

for some reason -- I still equate being a woman with
being the one who has to be the cleaner

I work hard
I work a lot of hours
and

I deserve this

and as long as I don't have to SEE them do it
I can pretend that fairies DID come

and I won't feel guilty about it

8 comments:

  1. It is just like the house cleaning fairy coming. The one my mother said didn't exist??? This one does.

    It's probably my most important luxury. I'm a terrible housekeeper too, but I'm fine with paying someone to do it. Straightening up before they come is good discipline for me cause otherwise the whole place can get out of control.

    aisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't clean house.
    I've accepted that fact.

    I occasionally fantasize about having a service come it for a really thorough cleaning, top to bottom, as if I were preparing the house for sale.

    But I can't do that.
    It's not just the money.
    Which of course I don't have.
    It's the clutter.

    Are you and I related?

    o.g.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very happy that I booked this lady

    she says she loves to clean
    sort of strange that I gave a delusional person my key.

    sfp

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a house cleaning fairy too!! Where is that damn wand, I left it here somewhere in this mess.
    smiles
    butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, I freakin love having someone clean my house. I discovered this was possible, in ummm 1987. I don't know if I have ever done without since. Not happily anyway. There is turnover, cleaning fairies come and go, and I get someone new every so often.

    And it's fine to declutter before she comes. That way she won't lose your stuff. It's good to get your kids to tidy their stuff before she comes too.

    And don't feel guilty. It's their job. You do something for someone. She does something for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. (random comment from a lurker time)
    DO IT! I hate, hate, hate cleaning, but can't stand when things get dirty. So I agonized over it every week, trying to find time to do it, etc.
    I've had a cleaning service come in now for about 2 years, and it is so worth it! The best money I spend. Not only are things so much neater and cleaner than I would most likely get them, it also feels like such a weight has been lifted, and I can enjoy my weekends instead of cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm super excited about it -- and seem to have gotten messier since she gave me a quote.

    lol

    @Michelle -- welcome!!! -- I'm looking forward to having this weight lifted -- de-lurk any old time!

    sfp

    ReplyDelete