I'm not a big fan of the idea that "God has a plan for each of us"
it
well -- it seems lazy to me
I like to believe that I make my own fate
and
God mostly does a face palm at my choices
but the idea that he moves things around
like pieces on a chess board
irritates me
and yet
today
because my plans with M were cancelled I was in my office
when the employee with the crisis came in
and the other friend she has there
just happened to still be at work late
so we were able to work on her together
she got so overwrought that she started to vomit
and
she stopped breathing on us
twice
I was able to use my training from my classes to get her breathing again
yay! Dr. Heimlich!
and because she had a medical crisis
we were able to call the ambulance for her
without her consent
she refused to go with them
but seeing how serious it was
she allowed us to take her to the hospital.
and she's taking the right steps to get her life back together.
everything fell into place today
everything
like a plan
a fucking plan
even the 7 hour wait
seemed to play in to the plan
as it gave us the chance to
breathe a bit
and calm down
and laugh together at some of the insane antics
at the psych outpatient clinic
which made her feel less crazy
yeah
it all fell into place.
darn plan.
Dear Sfp,
ReplyDeleteGrinning... i'm so glad you were able to help her!!!
And - if it's any consolation, i don't think it was some God in the sky moving you like chess pieces ~ God, or the universe, may have given you the opportunity, but you and the friend and even the employee acted on it.
And i'm soooo glad it worked out!!!
aisha
Thanks Aisha -- I think I got a faith boost yesterday --
ReplyDeletemysterious but irritating ways
I am exhausted today -- but so happy that we did what we could --- no matter what the outcome -- to reach her.
sfp
You know - it doesn't even matter why - as if we could ever understand it all anyhow... But it's good for her, not just that you were in the right place at the right time, but that you are the right person, that you would do what you did, that's what made the difference.
ReplyDeleteI'm a firm believer that we have no control whatsoever over anything at all. I should make a post about this on my blog. My apartment, for example, is my destiny. I have a list of proof. Will definitely have to post that list.
ReplyDeleteEverything that happens, happens as part of God's will. At least, that's the only way I can understand it. Obviously that's completely useless for ethics. But isn't that what Jesus is for?
ReplyDeleteA "fucking" plan: that sounds like something your M might have for you.
I don't know how much is destiny or God's plan. That stuff sounds pretty unlikely to me.
ReplyDeleteBut I do know that stepping up and doing the right thing makes things go better. Good for you!
-sin
That Force...God/Goddess...whatever the name...?
ReplyDeletegave YOU the power to act, and the power of caring in the first place.
The power here? is in you, and you shared it.
i am thrilled she has at least opened the door to help.
nilla
plan? no plan? I guess it doesn't matter.
ReplyDeletebut we're all interconnected aren't we
sfp