so I just got home
actually
the plane landed
and I turned on my phone
and saw that I missed a call from my agency
fuck
fuck
fuck
fuck
I never turn off my phone
you know
unless forced by the airlines
I carry it everywhere
like a security blanket
waiting
and I missed the call
I called back from the tarmac
and got voicemail
yes
it was another baby
and I was too late
it's a bit like a gameshow
where you have to buzz in
I buzzed in too late
but I console myself that the little guy they called me on
is safe
and warm
and some mom and dad somewhere are getting their chance at the dream
which is pretty darn cool
and I was happy because
it means I'll get another call
and then
a few hours later
the phone rang again
3 day old
boy
do you want to try again
and this time
I buzzed in first.
so I'm waiting
to start again
bottles boiled
newborn diapers out
ready to go
round 2 y'all
wish me luck!
LUCK! and Joy, and stamina, and good sleep, and all good things, that's what I wish for you.
ReplyDeleteoh yes, wishing you luck, I feel like you have the rest!
ReplyDelete-sin
Exactly what monkey and sin say! Great news xx
ReplyDeleteGood news and good luck x
ReplyDeleteA heart-full of best wishes!
ReplyDeleteThank you all -- yes -- luck is needed.
ReplyDeleteso much of this is luck
I'll know more about his prospects for a kinship placement (aka - not with me) - in a few days
sfp
(hard hug)
ReplyDeletenilla
Good luck! You are truly amazing sfp.
ReplyDeleteYou have been in my thoughts and I wish you the very best.
Luck, and more luck. Fingers crossed for good outcomes...whatever they may be.
ReplyDeleteaisha
Congratulations! And good luck :)
ReplyDeleteHope everything works out this time
x