I was pelted with phone calls this afternoon
follow up Dr. appointments
registration at the local hospital (where the lab is)
calling Medicaid
having Medicaid call back
all while I was trying to take a nap
when the phone rang at 5 my parents got to hear me say
"WHAT?!" as the phone rang
followed by a very sweet "Hey Baby"
to the sounds of my dad laughing at me.
M had a shitty day
I spoke to him earlier in the day
when he declared it was too bad a day to talk about
then he called back at 5
and told me all about it
it made me happy
(lol) that he was having a shit day
nah
that he wanted to talk to me about it
and that we're finally getting our groove back
so that there's not a screaming baby every time he calls
funny how much we need our routine
that calling at a set time
sharing our days
to keep us solid
so his shitty day
made me happy
because hearing about his shit day
is a step back into balance for us
(yeah -- I know this is a gibberish post -- no nap today -- stupid phone)
Made perfect sense to me sweety. I'm glad balance is coming back for you.
ReplyDeleteYou sound (does that even make sense as its writing lol) very happy, glad its all starting to fit together even if it doesnt feel like it at times.
ReplyDeletetori x
you can turn the phone off and just sleep. Just for a couple of hours. It's something that we don't normally do, but there's no rule against it. Your sleep is critical. The world can leave messages and you'll get back to them. Really. (Gosh I harp on sleep. I was an older mom and couldn't seem to get enough. It was everything to me)
ReplyDeleteAnd I agree that it's great that the balance is coming back.
-sin
This made me smile. I'm glad you're working it out with the Mommy stuff and the grown-up stuff.
ReplyDeletehugs,
aisha
*nodding at sin*
ReplyDeletewhat she said. ONe thousand per cent. As an older Mom? Some days I still need to nap. Even if its only 12 minutes. Doesn't always work out, but it's okay.
People will either call back or leave a message (and I know how hard it is to reach medicaide but still...sleep-need trumps it!)
So happy you and your M are shifting back into Groove-ville...it's a lovely place to see you shining in!
hugs,
nilla