Goodness - there's a whole bunch of judging out there in our corner of the internet these days
about cheating or not cheating
about married partners
and lovers
and about acceptance
or the evil of acceptance of others
and it all started with a comment of disdain for the high level of tolerance of infidelity in the D/s world
so after I just said to Aisha
that I don't have anything to say
I guess I do have a little something to say
I think for many of us
discovering that we were kinky
was shocking
it was something
IS something to hide
it was a dirty secret
this urge to submit
or to dominate
the urge to hurt or be hurt
the urge to control or be controlled
it's all the things we're taught are wrong and bad
it's often something we can't/couldn't say to our vanilla partners
but it was/is an urge
a burning need
So the question I think many face is
what do you do?
do you throw it all away?
do you throw away your husband
and your kids
and your family
do you walk away
because you have a need that must be met?
this one little thing
that isn't a luxury
it's essential.
so so many
either push away the cravings
and try to bury it
and others
others find a way to meet the need
and keep from destroying the lives of wives and husbands and kids
a closeted solution
in a world that thinks you're damaged to want what you want
I get it
so
why do I think so many in BDSM have compassion and acceptance for it?
because we get it
we get that it's an itch that must be scratched
and I for one
don't feel that I can judge anyone
here in my glass house.
Yes i have noticed that there is a lot of this judging going around at the moment or blogs about it. My take on it is simply that its really none of my business so whether i think its right or wrong is irrelevant, i read blogs where one or both is cheating on their partner and i read them because i like what they have to say.
ReplyDeleteExtremely well said sfp. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteTaking the decision to break up a family and so cause immense hurt and distress, and force drastic changes in the lives of innocent parties in the name of being able to say I have done the "right" thing (who exactly decides what this is anyway?), and so somehow claim a "higher" moral standing was not for me.
I couldn't have lived with the guilt. But all situations, and each person, is very different. Tolerance is all ...
i love when you have something to say.
ReplyDeleteOf course, i think we all live in some kind of glass house.
hugs,
aisha
Thanks for writing about this, when I read that comment on sins blog my mouth just dropped. It was ridiculous. If people don't like it they do not have to read or comment. You are right, it is not something we can push away and still be happy so we deal with it the best we can. Again, thank you for this post.
ReplyDeleteI, too, love it when you have something to say. You are spot on here. I don't think I've ever read anyone, and I do a lot of reading on the subject, put it so well. What do you do? It isn't a luxury.
ReplyDeleteThank you sfp, for your insight.
Thank you guys
ReplyDeleteI've been moaning that I have nothing to say anymore
but every once in awhile I get worked up about something
and I'm glad that someone is still hear to read it.
sfp
You said this so well
ReplyDeletebravo, sis....you speak so eloquently...the need we have, the secrets, the longing...and the fact that we ALL live in glass houses.
ReplyDeleteI love your warm, bold voice.
nilla