So it's been an emotional few days for Dompossible and I.
Yesterday we had a family dinner out -- and we both got so caught up in all the reasons why we can't work that we made ourselves miserable.
I mean
crying in the restaurant kind of miserable.
Here's what happened
We just
sigh
we just got so close over the past few months
shared so much
that
we've sort of fallen for each other
and then
Sunday
we made a strategic mistake.
we fast forwarded physically to where we are emotionally
and
it was too much
my head was spinning
and
we were too mismatched.
so I invited him to have dinner with me tonight
and he asked to think about it
and asked to come and have dinner and talk
and we talked
while entwined on the couch
and
he took charge
and said that we were going to hit the reset button
and
back off.
So
no more play
although there were some moments
when we started to kiss
and things got hot
and nearly nearly nearly
took us back to where we were
so
I suppose
we are
dating?
well
not dating
I don't know what the hell to call it
because his business trip has been cut short - he goes home tomorrow instead of Friday
and may or may not be back in a few weeks
but we're going to see where this goes
if this goes
because there's the potential of happily ever after
and the potential of horrible heartbreak
in equal measure
but for now
no more play for this sub
for now
reset.
yeahhhh for Dompossible. That's an excellent description, being in different places physically and emotionally. He sounds pretty wise that way, and patient? Patient is good in a Dom and in a friend. Good luck,
ReplyDeletesin
Ok, yay! That sounds good. Yes. i'm glad he was able to see the need, and that you were too. Yes.
ReplyDeleteand the thing is, in ANY relationship, there is *always* that dynamic...even though TW and I have been together for 35 years now, during those terrible days following an epic relationship fail, it was 50/50 whether we would move on or break up. That said, there is an intensity to a D/s dynamic that make it even more complex.
ReplyDeleteI'm pulling for you both to wend your way through the possibilities...and find yourselves in HEA territory.
love and shoulder bumps,
nilla
Extra points for Dompossible. Reset is good. Slow is also good. Happily ever after doesn't just happen, you build it together, but you know that already.
ReplyDeleteI am rooting for you sfp.
and this sounds way more stuffed shirt than I intended. I'm out of gas or I'd have just told you I want you to be happy and I hope this works out.
Delete